This is week five, one more week to go! We started off praying about being thankful and then being generous for week two. Week three we prayed for local places that provide hope to our communities and last week we prayed for Global partners and needs all over the world. This week we are bringing it back to a more personal level.
Let’s take a moment to go through these questions and then I’d encourage you to write down your answers to these questions. Use a piece of paper or open your notes app on your phone. Ready? Here we go…
- To start off, think about the people you know.
- Who brings a smile to your face when you think of them? Have you told them lately how appreciative you are for them?
- Who is someone you haven’t spoken to in a long time? How are they doing this year? Take time this week to connect with them.
- Who is someone you know that doesn’t have a church family? Use our invite button to send them a quick invite to our Christmas Eve Eve Candlelight Services.
- Who do you know that could use prayer? Write them down on this list and every day this week pray for them. Take it one step further and submit a prayer request for them. We have prayer teams that pray for prayer requests submitted all week long.
- Next, think about the places you go.
- If you have children, what school do they attend? Who in that school has made a positive impact on their lives? Are there any teachers or staff that you know are maybe having a difficult time right now?
- If you work, where do you work? Who makes working there a little better every week? Has anyone recently lost their job? Who there do you know is having a difficult time right now?
- If you call Highlands Home, who has had a positive impact on your life from here? Think about the people who welcome you in the parking lot, serve you coffee, help you with your kids, leads you in worship, serve in tech ministry, and more.
- Where do you shop? Do you see the same person every time you go?
Congratulations! If you wrote down names to all those questions, you now have a list of people you can pray for, encourage, and/or invite to Christmas Eve Eve service with you. Use our simple text invite tool to invite someone to church. Tag them on Sunday to watch our ONLINE ONLY weekend services this weekend. For the people that need prayer, submit a prayer request for them. For those that put a smile on your face or have made an impact in your life, take a second to let them know this week. For someone you haven’t talked to in a long time, reach out to them and just let them know you are thinking of them.
Here’s a prayer to get started this week:
Dear Father, thank You for who you are! Thank You for Your great love for me and for all people! Lord thank you for all the people I wrote down. Use me to make a difference in their lives this week and in the weeks to come. Give me the courage to step out of my comfort zone and encourage people I come in contact with every day. I pray that You would make Yourself known to them each and every day and that they would be filled with Your love, hope, joy, and peace.
Lord, I thank You for each and every name I wrote down that has made an impact in my life and the lives around me. Lord encourage their souls. I pray You pour out Your blessings on them. Lord I know there are probably many of them who are tired, weary, and ready to give up. Would You just remind them that what they are doing matters? Use me to remind them as well.
Finally, Father, give me the courage to invite people to attend church with me, to our online services, and to just share the love that you have given me. Thank You Jesus for coming to this world willingly to be a sacrifice. I want to celebrate You above all else this season. Help me to remember the true reason for this season. Amen