Thank you for your interest in membership at Highlands Fellowship/New Collective Church
Members are a group of people who have decided to experience life with Jesus together, and join the movement of HF and NCC.
Highlands Fellowship/New Collective Church Membership Covenant:
- I have received Jesus as my Lord and Savior, been baptized by immersion and am committed to experiencing life with Him.
- I align with the church’s mission, vision, strategy, and statements of beliefs.
- I commit to protect and promote the unity of our church by demonstrating love through my words and actions.
- I commit to actively participating in the life of the church, including things such as gatherings, serving, spiritual formation courses, and small groups.
- I commit to give faithfully, regularly, and generously of my financial resources to help fulfill the mission and vision of the church.
- I commit to helping others experience belonging with the church, and to sharing the hope and love of Jesus with those who don’t know Him.
- I understand that by completing the online membership registration, and acknowledging that I have read and align with the mission, vision, strategy and statements of belief, and signing the membership covenant, I have completed the membership class requirement.
Why should I become a member?
We believe the Church isn’t a building that you come to or a club that you belong to, it’s a movement that you choose to be a part of to help people meet, know and follow Jesus…. To experience life with Jesus. We view church membership as a group of people who have intentionally chosen to be a part of that movement here at Highlands Fellowship / New Collective Church.
What if I'm already a member?
We are inviting you to reengage and renew your membership.
What do members vote on?
Every Active/Resident Member shall have the right to vote on the following matters: the disposition of all or substantially all of the assets of the Church, the merger or dissolution of the Church, amendments to the Articles of Incorporation or Bylaws of the Church, and the calling or removing of the Lead Pastor.
Do I have to take a membership class?
Traditionally, membership class was held in person and it is a requirement of the church bylaws. The purpose of the membership class is to learn what we believe and what you commit to when you become a member of the church. Today, we offer the membership class content online on the membership page of our website. Here you will find the important content of our mission, vision, statements of belief and membership covenant. By completing the online membership registration, and acknowledging that you have read and align with the mission, vision, strategy and statements of belief, and signing the membership covenant, you have completed the membership class requirement.
What if I’m not ready to become a member?
Membership is an invitation and not a requirement. It is an invitation to engage/re-engage on a deeper level. If you’re not ready to take this step, it's okay. You are welcome here and you can belong without being a member.
How old do you need to be to become a member?
People 14 years old and older may become members.